Friday, March 9, 2012

Kinley Rolls!

Kinley has been very close to rolling for a while now.  Well, last night she finally decided to do it.  She woke up crying at 4 a.m.  I let her cry for about 15 minutes.  When I went into her room, she was on her belly!  I flipped her and she went back to sleep.  When I went back in at 8 a.m., she was on her bellly again!  I, of course, was SO nervous!  I kept poking her to make sure she was okay.  When she woke up so had this look of confusion, like "why am I on my belly?"  Too funny!  She wasn't mad, just laid there and talked to herself for like 10 minutes.  I snapped a few photos for proof. 

Later today, we were on her tummy mat.  I had her laying on her belly for some tummy time.  Until today, she hasn't tried to roll from belly to back.  No interest.  BUT..... today she did it all on her own!  Yeah!   She then proceeded to roll back from her back to her belly again!  I was so excited.  When Matt got home from work, we had her on the mat again.  She decided to show off for daddy.  I am so happy that he got to see it too. 

Before we know it she is going to be all over the place!  I am going to try to catch the rolling on video so everyone can see.  Here are the pics from her crib this morning.

"I think I'll sleep on my belly now!"  Her head was face down resting on her hands.
Scary for mommy but I guess she was comfy.

"What the heck?"

"Oh, okay, belly..... well, I guess I should just start talking."

1 comment:

  1. What a big girl! How exciting! I love the confused look in the 2nd pic! :) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete